ISRAEL: HOW DOES THIS NATION FIT IN WITH GOD'S PURPOSES?
For more TOPICAL & CURRENT information about ISRAEL, go to our IFC
website pages: 'Replacement Theology'; 'The 64 Aliyah Scriptures'
& 'Understanding the Times' which follow this page, and the material below.
FOR WEEKLY PRAYER INFORMATION for ISRAEL
see the 'Intercessors for Israel' website: www.ifi.org.il
ISAIAH chapter 53...the Messiah (Video)
This video below is of Jewish believers witnessing to Jewish people in Israel. The believers introduce the people to Isaiah chapter 53 from the Old Testament scriptures. This chapter is missed out in the Jewish scripture readings for no explainable reason other than it clearly points to the Messiah, and that the Messiah is a 'suffering servant' on behalf of the nation. The description in the New Testament of Jesus' life (Yeshua), death and resurrection tallys with Isaiah 53. This is an affront to religious Jews so the nation is kept in the dark about this chapter. Have a look (10 minutes long).
ISRAEL: A LOVE STORY
ISRAEL: A LOVE STORY
Why Pray for Israel? - A LOVE STORY (cf Hosea)
Why is there such a political furore decade after decade regarding Israel? ......Firstly:
1. Ezekiel 5v5: This is Jerusalem, which I have set in the centre of the nations, with countries all around her.
Israel is the centre of the world spiritually (as well as physically), from God’s point of view.
Exodus 4v22: ‘Israel is My firstborn son.’
Deuteronomy 32v9-10: For the Lord's portion is his people, Jacob his allotted inheritance.10 In a desert land he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye...
Those who seek to annihilate Israel touch the apple or pupil of God’s eye...a very sensitive area!
2. Israel chosen by God (as were you) ...A nation for Himself - to reveal His character, laws and ways.
King David said: (2 Samuel 7v23-24): ‘Who is like your people Israel—the one nation on earth that God went out to redeem as a people for himself, and to make a name for himself, and to perform great and awesome wonders by driving out nations and their gods from before your people, whom you redeemed from Egypt? 24 You have established your people Israel as your very own for ever, and you, O Lord, have become their God.’
God would use Israel to reveal His Son – the fullness of His character & ways. Through Jesus’ life, message, death and resurrection.....and by the Jewish believers (and later Gentile believers) becoming the Church....the message of salvation would go throughout the earth. At the end of days, the Lord will return to set up His heavenly reign on earth. He comes to Israel, to Jerusalem! No wonder Israel is such a pivotal land!
Zechariah 14v3-4: Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle. 4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west
3. The birth of a nation: Genesis 12, Gen 15. Abraham...promises & covenant...a land. Isaac, Jacob....Joseph... 12 tribes of Jacob. 400 yrs in Egypt...Hebrew slaves in Egypt....Moses....10 plagues...Led them out...Red sea parts, manna, miracles etc. Tabernacle. Priesthood. Nation formed over 40 yrs. Joshua...the land that had been promised and given now taken.
A nation of 12 tribes.....led to judges, and kings...Saul, David, (temple v living temple!) Solomon, etc. Priesthood continues. BUT Rebellion... Finally God’s (redemptive) discipline: dispersal & exile to Babylon. Return under Zerrubabel. Jerusalem restored. Hundreds of years later....Now to Jesus’ time. Roman occupation. Jesus rejected by the Jews for the most part.....so gospel to Gentiles. Jews disciplined.
Luke 21v24: ‘They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.’
Jewish exile to all the world ...Diaspora. But covenant promises to restore to the land and ultimately to God through Jesus.
Ezekiel 36v24-28. 'For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 28 You will live in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people, and I will be your God.
Zechariah 12v10: And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.
Zechariah 13v1: On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity.
4. Diaspora: There has been a Jewish presence in the physical land of Israel (even though Israel not marked on world maps) through those centuries of the displacement of Jews worldwide....the ‘Diaspora’. But at the end of 19th Century the Zionist Movement emerged...Jews with a vision to return to the land........preparing the way. Early pioneering settlers. Balfour Declaration 1917 League of Nations especially Britain with its mandate for Palestine, to help the Jews.
5. World War 2: The Holocaust...Hitler’s attempt to exterminate the Jews ... (Satan’s). BUT, after the war, in 1947, the United Nations recognised the sovereign state of Israel and at a UN vote in 1948 the nation was literally born in a day. Isaiah 66v8-9: Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labour than she gives birth to her children. 9 Do I bring to the moment of birth and not give delivery?" says the Lord.
Five Arab armies then tried to wipe the new nation out, but were driven back. Armistice meant that Jerusalem was divided.
6. The 1967 Six day war.....Israel surrounded by enemies yet Israel won! Miraculous! Jerusalem, divided since 1948, was finally taken over by the Jews and united.
But this led to increasing Alienation by the nations: Israel a political ‘thorn’ because of: Muslim nations’ religious attitude to Israel; Arab jealousies of modern Israel; The oil interests of the West wanting Middle East stability; etc. God’s plan for Israel to look to the God of Israel....there is no political solution. & ultimately, restoration to God.
Zechariah 12 & 13 (extracts): "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. 3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem. 10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him......1 "On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity.
7. ‘ALIYAH’ to the LAND. First exile to Babylon & return. Second exile to the nations of the earth. 2000 yrs, ...now the ingathering......an End Times sign: 1948 Israel a nation again...rebirth. The prophesied return from the nations to Israel. (From N, S E & W) NB Berlin wall down...
Isaiah 11v11-12 In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people... ‘He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.’
Isaiah 14v1-2: The Lord will have compassion on Jacob; once again he will choose Israel and will settle them in their own land. Aliens (lit: ‘Strangers’) will join them and unite with the house of Jacob. Nations will take them and bring them to their own place. NB Aliyah from WEST: United States: Economic meltdown? Anti-Semitism? (Jews will leave for Israel.)
Will Cyprus have a part to play in helping them?
Restoration to land: Isaiah 35v1: The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Restoration of the nation: ....gifted people. Science & technology, economy, finance (money lenders!) etc. Other nations envious!
8. ALIYAH to GOD: Romans 11v26-29: ‘I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved......28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.’
9. PRAY: 1. Aliyah to the land, next prophetically is: 2. Israel’s restoration to the God of Israel and the revelation of Messiah Jesus. PRAY this in! Psalm 122v6-7: ‘Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May those who love you be secure. 7 May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels.’ ‘Peace of Jerusalem’ = (salvation).... Matt 6v9...’May your will be done on earth...’ NB: IFI; Prayer for Israel; Christian Friends of Israel (monthly) prayer guides.
3. The Church in Israel: Within Israel from 1948 small Messianic fellowships emerged and grew, gradually multiplying. Now there are over 15000 Jewish believers in 100+ fellowships in Israel. These believers and fellowships / Assemblies have good and developing relations with Christians from other nations who live, mission and worship in Israel, and also with Arab believers in Israel & the Middle East area. Thus Reconciliation in Christ..is the only solution for true peace in the M. East.
Ephesians 2 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility.....His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace.
For more TOPICAL & CURRENT information about ISRAEL, go to the preceding IFC website page: 'Understanding the Times', (See the second article & video on the red moons 2014-2015 & Israel.)
WEEKLY PRAYER INFORMATION for ISRAEL 'Intercessors for Israel' website: www.ifi.org.il